Wednesday, January 14, 2009

THE ADOPTION BLUES...

The last few days I think I have been in the adoption blues. Two years waiting for our little guy and things are going really slowly for referrals and court dates right now. I am trying so hard to stay optimistic. But the math tells me we should have a referral by the closure BUT having a court date is not likely! That makes me sad. I am trying to be ok but I am just not there. I know God can do some amazing things. I have seen it in this adoption many times! Recently we have had wonderful people give towards the adoption of our little guy...AMAZING!! But the thought of waiting almost 3 years has me down right now. We would have to update the homestudy and be refingerprinted AGAIN!! I can't imagine seeing his little face and then waiting over 6 months to actually hold him!! I know others have done it and survived. I just don't want to. Sorry... I am praying for peace and understanding and will hopefully feel much better VERY soon!

My calendar says today...What things are possible for you today through faith? All things are possible, because your faith is in the God who knows no impossibilities.
All things are possible to him that believeth. Mark 9:23

Blessings~
Tina

3 comments:

Sam's mom said...

I cannot offer more comfort that the Book of Mark can. Just know I'm thinking of you and your family ALL the time. I KNOW you will see your new sons face soon. I just don't know the definition of soon. I often wonder if in the midst of this adoption world, we are meant to learn the true meaning of patience. Not a test, per se, but a lesson. Maybe it is this skill that will make us truly the best moms for our new little ones.
Okay -- I think that advice kinda sucked. Maybe you should stick w/ the Bible rather than Meg-isms for now.
Hugs Tina!!

Christina Hubbard said...

Meg~ Thanks...It helps just to know others care and are wishing us well. You ALWAYS give great and suppotive advice!!

Erin Sager said...

Hoping and praying with you...