Wednesday, November 25, 2009

OFFERING THANKS...

I wanted to get this post up before I went to bed because I knew that in the morning I would be rushed to get things done and out the door early.

I read this devotion in my book a few weeks ago and have been saving it for Thanksgiving Day. I hope you all enjoy and get as much out of it as I did.

In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thess. 5:18

Sometimes, life-here-on-earth can be complicated, demanding, and frustrating (AMEN). When the demands of life leave us rushing from place to place with scarcely a moment to spare, we may fail to pause and thank our Creator for His gifts. But, whenever we neglect to give proper thanks to the Father, we suffer because of our misplaced priorities.
Today, begin making a list of your blessing. You most certainly will not be able to make a complete list, but take a few moments and jot down as many blessings as you can. Then, give thanks to the Giver of all good things; God. His love for you is eternal, as are His gifts. And it's never too soon- or too late-to offer Him thanks.

When you and I are related to Jesus Christ, our strength and wisdom and peace and joy and love and hope may run out, but His life rushes in to keep us filled to the brim. We are showered with blessings, not because of anything we have or have not done, but simply because of Him. *Anne Graham Lotz

Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!
Tina
**Give thanks to the Holy One...Give thanks!

No comments: