Friday, January 8, 2010

TRIALS...

Just because we are getting closer to the end of this very long journey does not mean that there won't still be some bumps along the way or that we won't feel a little more disappointment when things do not go the way we want them to. Yes...once again we are there. This is nothing major! Just that we may travel a few weeks later than we thought. We will hopefully know for sure this coming week. NO BIG DEAL, right? As our daughter says...what is 2 more weeks compared to over three years! I am feeling ok with it. I am praying if that is God's will then that is what will be. Don, not so much! He is out of town and I called to tell him and he text me later..."I just want to go get him!" Now let me tell you...that broke my heart! This man has been my rock for three very long years. When I would break he would pick up the pieces. SO...to hear his sadness and then to see those words was almost more than this gal's heart could take. And what advice did I have for him. **PRAY** I know there is nothing I can do to change things...I would if I could.(as he has said to me many times over the 3 years!) There is only One that can make things change and that is what I am holding to. If it is 2 weeks later then there is a reason and it is part of the plan! Hey, I will get a trip to Ethiopia for Valentine's Day...and the sweetest gift EVER! SO...I will throw in some optimism and hang to the fact that God will continue to carry us through all of this and we will walk out with our beautiful boy in our arms! My God can move mountains and I have surely seen that in the last month.

When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience. Let your patience show itself perfectly in what you do. Then you will be perfect and complete and will have everything you need. James 1:2-4
God never discounts the pain you go through during life's difficult trials, but He always finds a way to use your pain for your advantage. Through trials, He reveals to you the quality of your faith, so you can see where your weaknesses are and take these things to Him in prayer. Without trials, you might never realize the deep comfort of His presence or the penetrating glow of His eternal love.

Have a great weekend!
Tina

2 comments:

Breann said...

Tina I am so sorry. Your news brought me to tears. I know it's only two weeks. But it's still two more weeks. I am praying that God is movin mountains. I am praying for your husband and you and yor kids

Missy said...

What happened now?!?! My gosh...I am SO sorry!!!