Monday, January 25, 2010

ALLERGIES...

Today I went to an allergist for the first time. I had a scratch test done along with the needle stick tests done. They did not test for foods but other things. It was kind of creepy what they did test for...I understand trees, molds, weeds and such BUT rat, and cockroach...That freaked me out! AND I was highly allergic to roaches. ICK- I am also allergic to ragweed, molds different weeds, AND the cat. Yes the cat...so we are looking for a home for the cat. We are hoping we can get a home for her close. She has been with us for 7 years and is Emilie's cat. Emilie is not a happy girl. It breaks my heart to see her upset about it. Actually, poor Emilie is very angry right now about it.
I am also highly allergic to dust mites (ICK). He suggested special mattress coverings and pillow covers. I am going to check them out on line and see what the cost will be there.
I am going to have to take a lot of meds and hope they will help otherwise I will need to start taking weekly shots. He is also thinking my face splotching is maybe contact so I have to use special soaps and shampoo for awhile to see if that helps.
Isn't this the best time to have even more change to our lives!! I am feeling a little crazed about it right now. I know we will all adjust but I do really feel bad for Em. She has a lot of change coming her way and losing her pet is not going to help. The good thing is I was not allergic to her guinea pig!

Have a great week all!
Tina

No comments: