Friday, December 18, 2009

FAITH VERSUS FEAR...

This morning I read something that immediately caused me to fear not passing court in 6 DAYS. As I read and re read this post and then an update I grew more and more fearful. Then I sat down and prayed...I prayed for peace and wisdom...and the strength to handle all of it. Then I emailed our consultant! Thanks to her timely response the fear did not last long and she settled any of my major concerns. After reading her email I sat back and thought...great job of handing it over to God, Tina!!! What I had done was allow Satan to get into my head, once again! So... I prayed again and asked for peace and calm as we wait to hear if we pass court in 6 DAY!!! I also found this devotion that seemed very fitting for the day...

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
A terrible storm rose quickly on the Sea of Galilee, and the disciples were afraid. Although they had witnessed many miracles, the disciples feared for their lives, so they turned to Jesus, and He calmed the waters and the wind.
The next time you find yourself facing a fear-provoking situation, remember that the One who calmed the wind and waves is also your personal Savior. Then ask yourself which is stronger; your faith or your fear? The answer should be obvious. So, when the storm clouds form overhead and you find yourself being tossed on the stormy seas of life, remember this: Wherever you are, God is there, too. And, because He cares for you, you are protected.
Only believe, don't fear. Our Master, Jesus, always watches over us, and no matter what the persecution, Jesus will surely overcome it. (Lottie Moon)

SO...once again today I am giving it all over to Him. There is truly nothing I can do except pray that it will all go our way. He is in control of all and if it is his will then we will get wonderful news in 6 DAYS!! Please join with us.
*Also, please pray for others who have been put on hold and are still waiting for their court dates! There are several families this coming week with court dates as well so please continue to keep them in your prayers as well. You all are the best!! THANK YOU!

Have a Christ-filled day!
Tina
***Heavenly Father, when I am fearful, keep me mindful that You are my protector and my salvation. Give me strength, Lord, to face the challenges of this day as I gain my courage from You. AMEN

No comments: