Tuesday, May 26, 2009

AND SO SUMMER BEGINS...

I can hardly believe that we are already on summer break! Where have the last 5 months gone?? I now have a child who made it through her first year of college, a JR in HS and a 5th grader! It does make me feel every bit of my age.

SO...Do we have big plans for the summer?? Of course we do!!!! :) June brings...Randy's Eagle court of honor, then he leaves for Church camp and returns in time to head out to Boy scout camp with Dad. Emilie heads to Church while the guys are still at camp so I will have some quiet evenings at home for about 4 days! :)
July brings...Don leaves for his annual National Guard AT and Randy has another Church camp but this month is a little less hectic. Aug appears to be somewhat quiet but they start school Aug 19th. I would like to get to the zoo a few times this summer and maybe some other fun things around here. We will see what we can do.

Of course our break began with Em up at 5 this morning so we will have to work on that! She will be a big crab by noon and it is raining here so no outside today!:(

By the way...We had a great time on our trip. We headed back about 11 on Sat and just took our time stopping at antique shops looking for the best bargains and treasures. We had a lot of fun. I got an old crock bowl for my kitchen table and finally found a treasure I have been wanting for a long time, a pitcher with a wash basin.***It is BEAUTIFUL!*** I also got some kitchen utensils that I collect. Don did a great job of surprising me and making me feel very loved! Tomorrow is our big day and I will post more then.

No adoption news just hoping and praying for lots of good news this week for many families, especially those who are waiting for the ban to be lifted so they can get new court dates!

I have also added a prayer request list on the side so if you have a need and would like prayers please let me know by leaving a comment. I would love to pray for you!

Have a blessed day!
Tina
***"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

No comments: