Friday, April 2, 2010

GOOD FRIDAY...PROMISES...SPRING

Today is Good Friday...what an amazing day! I like to reflect on what today means to me. I like to read my Bible and reflect on the sacrifice that was made...even for me! It reminds me of the most sacrificial unconditional love. I can only imagine it... **He who did not spare his own son, but gave him up for us- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32** This year I feel so blessed to be sharing Easter with our new son. The Lord has graciously given us a very special gift and we are so very thankful and in awe of HIM.

Since our bird dog died a few years ago, we have been promising the kids we would get another big outside dog. We kept telling them that once Elijah was home and hopefully, in the spring we would get them another dog. They both wanted a lab. We decided to surprise them for Easter and instead of chicks or ducks or bunnies...we got them a lab puppy. He is 9 wks old and bigger than our almost 10 yr old min. schnauzer. BUT he is pretty cute. We loved surprising Emilie. We had a hard time waking her up even with him sniffing at her. I finally had to call her name. But the surprised look on her face was priceless. She hugged him and then jumped off her bed and hugged and kissed us. His name is Scooby.



I LOVE SPRING...(except for the allergies!) I think even Elijah is battling allergies. But he does love to be outside. When we first sat him in the grass he just looked at me like I was crazy and he did not move. Then he realized he could move and had fun trying to get all of the leaves and eat them!

May you find joy and peace this Easter and remember that sacrifice that was made for you.
And remember this promise: ..."I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies." John 11:25



No comments: