Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TODAY...

Today we celebrate 2 months home with our little guy. Elijah has changed so much in those 2 months. You can tell by just looking into his eyes how much he has changed. He is attaching and bonding well. There are days we feel he is attached more than others but I believe from all that I have read that he is doing well. He knows what he wants and when he wants it. He will come to me and and climb up my leg if he wants to be held. He wants to be rocked to sleep every night. He just started signing for more and the boy loves his snacks!!! :) I just started giving him cheerios and thinks they are the best. He can dance...oh boy can he dance! The other night we were watching some country music award thing and he finally just plopped on the floor and started bouncing and rocking in the crawling position AND he was bobbing his head up and down. The boy has rhythm! Our camcorder was not charged so we will have to try and get him doing it later. It was pretty funny.
We have been so blessed by this little guy. He amazes us more and more everyday. Soon he will be walking. Just last night he went from the chair to me walking. It was about 4 steps. We were so excited for him.
He has started to get jealous of other kiddos. The other day I was holding another child and he crawled over to me and whined and pushed the other kiddo away. When I put the other kiddo own he plopped himself in my lap and laughed!
Today is also our first post placement visit. I am excited to see what our caseworker thinks of him. I have been cleaning like crazy for the past 2 days. I have been letting too many things slide since Elijah has been home. I would rather play and cuddle with him than clean! SO...my new goal is to try harder to get things done maybe during nap time. I just need to organize my time just a little bit better.
I thought I would share some pics with you all. The first two are from the day we were handed Elijah.


Getting read to go up the stairs.

Laughing at Daddy.
Blessed~
Tina


No comments: