Monday, October 26, 2009

TRUSTING HIS TIMING-

My devotion for today...

HE told them, "You don't get to know the time. Timing is the Father's business." Acts 1:7

If you sincerely seek to be a woman of faith, then you must learn to trust God's timing. You will be sorely tempted, however, to do otherwise. Because you are a fallible human being, you are impatient for things to happen. But, God knows better.
God has created a world that unfolds according to HIS own timetable, not ours...thank goodness! We mortals might make a terrible mess of things. God does not.
God's plan does not always happen in the way that we would like or at the time of our own choosing. Our task- as believing Christians who trust in a benevolent, all-knowing Father- is to wait patiently for God to reveal Himself. And reveal Himself He will. ALWAYS. But until God's perfect plan is made known, we must walk in faith and never lose hope. And we must continue to trust HIM. ALWAYS.

SO...as we continue to wait for a court date and then wait to travel to get our little guy, I will trust in God's perfect timing. It will not be easy. I look at his picture and I want him NOW...but I know that God has a perfect plan for when we meet our son face to face and it will be the most perfect memory!! That I am assured of.
I hope as you continue to wait you will be assured that God already knows when it will all unfold and it will bless you more than you ever thought it would.

Have a blessed Monday. I am praying for more court dates and referrals!
Tina
***Lord, my sense of timing is fallible and imperfect; YOURS is not. Let me trust in YOUR timetable for my life, and give me the patience and the wisdom to trust YOUR plans, not my own. AMEN