Friday, October 2, 2009

THE MURAL...

When I began deciding what to do in this nursery this time around I had 2 things I wanted to choose from. I either wanted a jungle theme or I wanted an antique "classic" winnie the pooh theme. I knew I wanted to do a mural on the wall as well. Well...Almost 3 years ago I was having a hard time finding Jungle theme bedding. YES...I know it is everywhere now...but Don refuses to let me change the room now! Anyway...so I went with the "classic" pooh bear.
The room is now complete minus some paint touch ups. I thought I would post one of the first pictures I took. I had just finished the mural minus putting the word hunny (supposed to be mispelled) on the honey pot. Disclaimer: I am NOT an artist...I just enjoy doing this for my kiddos. If you gave me a piece of paper and asked me to draw something...I would look at you like you were nuts! I can look at a picture and usually try to create it on my own. That is what I had done here. SO...Here it is!!
After I finished it and showed it to my hubby, he said...I hope it doesn't scare him! UUGH- I had really not thought about that. A huge bear on the wall...could be a bit scary.
I will take and post more pics of his room later. It really did turn out pretty cool.

There was another sibling referral this week! YAH--for all the recent good news...Now bring on some court dates...PLEASE...I know of many who have been waiting for a long time! Plus they could take pics for us.(selfish reason, I know!)

Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed weekend.
Tina
***Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

Sam's mom said...

I think it is absolutely charming.
My nieces had a Pooh nursery & they loved it...including the giant Pooh on the wall.

Ninemire said...

Cute Pooh,, um while you wait for court I just might have some rooms to be done...:):):):)
Thanks for praying for us..
Tiffany