Thursday, December 11, 2008

THE CHRISTMAS FUNK...

A few nights ago I was feeling really blue. If someone looked at me wrong I felt the tears welling in my eyes. I knew this was coming but thought I could push it down and get through it. Well...it has hit.

It has been almost 2 years since we began this process. It started with a foster care thing before Christmas 2 years ago. That fell through and so we decided that our hearts were being pulled toward international adoption. We knew there would be bumps we just never realized what the bumps would be and where they would take us. Last year at Christmas things were so uncertain for the Vietnam program and we were so sad to not have him with us. I made it through all of the questions and survived with the hope that he would surely be here in 2008. Well...instead 2008 brought along many changes and no little guy this year. I get questions daily on where we are on the list and when will we get our baby. I wish I could give exact answers but with adoption...your guess is as good as mine!!

I do know that "this too shall pass". I am hopeful that God will bless us with our little guy in 2009. I am praying for everyone who is waiting that they will receive their referrals very soon.

I am thankful, that right now as I am feeling a little sad that our little guy is not here, that God is carrying me through it. I will be a stronger person because of all of this.

Please continue to pray with us for more referrals and understanding as we wait.
We appreciate all of you so much. Your prayers and support are what is making all of this bearable!

Until later~
Tina

No comments: