Friday, December 12, 2008

7 WEEKS WAITING AND COOKIE BAKING!!!

Today marks seven weeks waiting. If you read my post yesterday you know I have had the adoption blues lately. Today I am feeling better. A wonderful friend helped me through yesterday! She will probably never know how much she did help. Don and I went out to dinner last night and to finish our Christmas shopping. We were able to just talk and I think that helped me as well. At dinner he asked me how long we had been waiting? He said 4 weeks?? I said no 7. Then he said you really probably shouldn't count the days...HA! I told him I may start counting the hours...HMMM!
Today as I changed my inspirational calendar the verse was...

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves in compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Col. 3:12

HMMMM...guess I need to try harder!

Today I am baking cookies. We have several events coming up and I thought it would help me if I finally got into the baking for Christmas. Usually, I do a lot of baking and candies. This year I just didn't feel much like doing it plus it can get a little expensive. Right now the basic choc chip are baking. BUT the cookie dough it GREAT!!!

Also...I am very excited that tonight is girl's night out! We decided instead of buying gifts for one another that we would do dinner and movies. So...we are headed to Jackie's house for dinner and movies. NO KIDS!! :) I am still fixing dinner for the kids and Dad before I go but I am really looking forward to it.

Please continue to keep those waiting in your thoughts and prayers. There was a referral yesterday for siblings. (4 yr old twin girls!)

Until later~
Tina

No comments: