Wednesday, November 5, 2008

SORRY IF I HURT ANYONES FEELINGS!!!!!!

Tina says I must tell everyone up front that this isn't her speaking. This is not an attack on anyone who said anything earlier. I just would like to get something off my chest. This is her loving husband. I have served my country straight out of high school for the last twenty years. I have always been proud of my country. Is an African American man being elected president a big step forward for our country? Yes, it is. We should elect our president on his morals and ethics not the color of his skin and yes that did play a big part in it. I heard him speak and he is a very well spoken and charismatic speaker. Do I agree with what he wants to do to my country? No, but we will weather this storm. Did McCain have an affair before he was married? Technically yes but if you would have researched it a little you would know that after spending seven years being tortured and imprisoned he returned home. He and his wife had drifted apart and were separated when he met his current wife "at a bar". Is it morally wrong? Yes. Can you compare it to abortion or supporting gay marriage? I don't think so, but that is my opinion. It is not my place to judge. In the end we only answer to God.

1 comment:

Sam's mom said...

Tina -- I tried to post earlier, and then I sent it to all of eth families because I couldn't find your email. Now it appears I can post, and I am just so very happy to know you and Don and so glad that you are such strong and wonderful people.
I feel so very blessed to have met you and others via the Yahoo groups. Although we don't always see eye-to-eye on every issue, I admit your passion and the conviction of your beliefs. I feel so welcome in this online community where everyone can share their POV without fear.
Your faith inspires me, your loving marriage leaves me in awe. You children are so lucky that YOU are their parents, including little-guy-to-be!
I was more eloquent in the first post -- I hope you saw that email!!!