Saturday, May 31, 2008

GRADUATION & RECEPTION

Tuesday night our first child graduated from High School. How did I get old enough to have a HS graduate? Where did the last almost 18 years go? How did my baby girl grow up so fast. It seems like only yesterday she was the little 5 pounder sleeping on Daddy's chest and now she is this beautiful young woman heading out into the world.

Today is her reception. I have been preparing food for a few days. I am so thankful for everyone who has helped me with all of the shopping, setting up the tables, preparing the food, and decorating. I was up until 2am this morning getting things ready. I hope Tifanie enjoys the party and everyone eats a lot so I don't have to shove it all back into my frig!

Randy has his first ballgame of the season TODAY! He is in a ball tournament this weekend so will miss his sister's reception. He did go to her graduation so I figure that is good. I hope he does well and wish I could be there to watch but can't be 2 places at one time!!

I am off to get ready to go decorate for the reception! I hope she waits a long time before she gets married. This is all so stressful for me!!!!

Until later~
Tina

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow! and Congrats! That''s so exciting that your oldest just graduated! That will be us in 2 years and I just can't believe we're even that close to our oldest graduating. I know it will fly by (esp. since we're busy w/ our adoption too) but I'm going to TRY and hold on and make these last 2 years slow down a tiny bit! Haha.

I found your blog via your comment on Maria's blog... looking forward to following along with your journey. Send me an email if you'd like to read our blog.

Best wishes to you!
Monica