Sunday, March 9, 2008

FRUSTRATION & CONFUSION

Well...as I am sure you have guessed there is still no news about the adoption. I am trying not to get frustrated but it is there.

A few days ago I read on the joint council site that they are pushing for Vietnam to honor finalizing adoptions that have received referrals past the expiration of the MOU. I am wondering where that leaves those who have not received a referral by Sept 1st?? I have been going over and over in my mind about what we will do IF.... The thing that I am learning is that adoption is not something a "planner" handles well. I make lists and I throw them out. The paper chase was quite easy for me. The waiting is what is taking its toll on me!! Our agency has not received any referrals in 6+ months. And even though they say that there are more boys than girls our agency has only received one referral for an infant boy and I believe one for a toddler boy. We are still #5 for an infant boy. SO...to me that is not great odds for a referral by Sept 1st. We will be updating our homestudy probably in Aug and need to get re-fingerprinted then also. I am praying for a miracle!! I am sure I am not the only waiting adoptive mommy doing the same!! I know in my heart that God has a plan BUT I sure wish he would let me in on it!! :)

Yesterday, as Emilie practiced for soccer, I got caught up on my Bible study for our small group tonight. We are doing the study of Daniel by Beth Moore--I am enjoying most of it!! One of the verses for the lesson was John 16:24 "Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be made complete." SO...HMMM...I stopped what I was doing and in His name I asked for guidance in our circumstances with the adoption. I guess I just need to remember WHO is really in control.

On a happier note we are praying that this is the week our dear friend, Debbie, gets her kidney transplant. We should know for sure by Tues and if it is a go we will enjoy having Heidi and Matthew in our home for the next 6 to 8 weeks. I know this is going to be so hard on Debbie as she will miss them so much while they are away. I have assured her I will return them to her and that I will do everything in my power to bring them to her as she requests. Please, if you have a second pray for her. Heidi just rolled over for the first time this past week and I know Debbie is wondering what she will miss during this time.

I guess this ended up being a kind of long post. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we wait!

Until later...
Tina

No comments: