Friday, November 12, 2010

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!!

YES...I am a day late get this done. But none-the-less, I am so very thankful for the many freedoms I take advantage of and many are due to the fact that many veterans were willing to sacrifice for me and everyone else. I am especially proud of my Dad and father-in-law, who both served in Vietnam. Then there is my hubby, who is still serving his country willingly and proudly. And last and certainly not least my son who has just begun his journey of serving his country. He says he is not yet a veteran but I tell him that he will be and that is what matters when I am thanking him.
I went shopping yesterday and as I walked in HyVee and saw so many Veterans (young and old) sharing their breakfast together and sharing their stories together, it brought tears to my eyes. It reminds me of the connection that Don and our Dads share. They just get it with each other, almost without the words but with a look. I know that connection will be shared between him and our son as well.
So...I am going to begin my yearly "THANKFUL" posts with this today. I am VERY thankful to all of the men and women who are willing to go where so many of us are not! May you all be blessed abundantly!

Blessings~
Tina

No comments: