Saturday, May 22, 2010

3 MONTHS HOME...

Yesterday we had been home with Elijah 3 months. WOW! Time flies when you are having fun! And that we are...Elijah has brought so much joy to this household. Don now leaves for work a little later. It is just so hard to leave him! He will get ready to leave and Elijah will yell "DAH" and run to him and hold up his arms. So sweet!! He calls me "MAH".
He, unfortunately, ended up with another ear infection over the last weekend. He doesn't run a fever or really show any signs of his ears hurting so it is hard to tell. This time he woke up Sunday and had drainage from his ear. When I took him in on Monday to see his ped. she said he had a hole in his eardrum. YIKES~ SO...he has been on an oral antibiotic and antibiotic ear drops. He does so well taking his meds and letting me do the ear drops. He doesn't go for his 12 month check up until June due to being late on shots but he now weighs 21.5 lbs! He is a big boy and I love it! He certainly loves his food. :)
He is trying to run instead of just walk now. He loves being outside but since the weather has been so crummy he hasn't really gotten out much. Today was great so we spent a little time out this evening. Then I rocked him in my glider before bed. He enjoyed it until he heard a motorcycle fly by and he had to check out where it was going.
Hubby and I went on our first overnight without him last night. Don said he was taking me away for one night but it was close to home. We went to the Elms in Excelsior Springs. It was very nice and I did have a nice time. I missed the baby but I knew he was in good hands with his Sissy. Tifanie is a great big sis to give up her Fri night to stay with her siblings so Mom and Dad can get away. Elijah was happy to see us this morning, though. He came right to me but when he saw his "DAH" he got all excited. He loves his "DAH".
We are enjoying every minute with our little guy! I can't wait for Em to be out of school so we can plan some fun summer outings with him.

Hope you all enjoyed the great weather today.
Blessings~
Tina

No comments: