Tuesday, July 29, 2008

AHOPE

As you can see I have added a new link next to my posts. I found this on one of the blogs that I have followed. They already have their little guy and he is adorable!! Since they have already traveled to Ethiopia it is nice to be able to read and learn from them. You can read about AHOPE on their site just by clicking on the link. We are going to order the shirts for our family to show our support. We want to find a way to continue to support our son's birth country after we get him home so this may be a way to do it! We have been researching many different organizations as well. It is important to us that our little guy learn about his birth country and we are anxious to learn as well.

Last night we began looking up what they cook and eat. We found a few Ethiopian restaraunts in our area that we will have to try out before we travel. I am very nervous since I am such a picky eater!! I certainly do not want to offend anyone but I also know how I am when I see something that is not appetizing to me! I get that sick feeling and start feeling really gaggy!! Don and Randy(our son) were laughing at me last night when I was getting so nervous as I read some of their dishes that they make. I guess I will just pray that I can get it in my mouth and swallow it before I realize what it is!!! :)

Anyway... We are having a lazy week at home. No football practice this week so I don't have to get up so early to take Randy. I have started making the kids do their own laundry. FUN!! They think I am mean! But I feel like it is time they start helping more. Don laughs at me because I am a bit of a nut about the laundry so we will see if I can let them do it on their own.

ADOPTION NEWS: We go to USCIS on Fri to file our I-824 (change of country) and get our fingerprints redone. We have to take Tifanie along this time because she is now 18. We are praying that our new I 171H comes back quickly and that it doesn't require a large amount of money! Please pray with us!! This is the last step to receive before we can get all of our stuff together for our dossier to Ethiopia. Once we get this sent off then we can be added to the list and will start our official wait for the referral of our little guy.

We are having another garage sale fundraiser for our adoption on Aug 9th. We are praying for a much better turn out this time and that we will be able raise a few more funds for the adoption. We could use your prayers for this as well.

Thanks for your support!!

Until later~
Tina

No comments: