Friday, April 25, 2008


Well today started out a good day. Donald and I spent a nice morning together running an errand. We had a nice lunch together. THEN...we came home and I read my emails. WHY DID I DO THAT???

A friend called me last night and read me an article,that was listed on, about some more fraudulent things going on in Vietnam. I read it again after she hung up and was just so sad because I knew that it did not mean good things for our adoption. Even Donald agreed that it didn't sound promising.

Then, today I get an email from our agency. They said they still needed to verify what was on the US Embassy in Hanoi website but gave us the link to read it. First, our agency is very reluctant to give us any info unless it is 100% accurate!! So, my red flag went up!! I read it out loud to Donald and we were just devestated! Basically, it said that if we had a referral by Sept 1st they would honor it but without a referral our dossier will be returned to our agency and considered closed. WHAT??? WHY??? HOW??? We know that it is extremely unlikely that we will receive our referral by then. We have not moved from #5 since 9/07. Our agency has not received any referrals since then.

I feel so sad!! I have cried and cried. The kids have been sad with me but they just say it is time to go somewhere else. They don't care where our baby boy comes from they just want a brother! :)

We do have a few emails in to other places and are considering changing countries but we are just not sure we want to completely give up on Vietnam.

Please pray for us as this is a tough decision that we are being forced to make right now.

Until later...


LaLa said...

Praying with you....we too are trying to figure out what to do.

Hubbards said...

What a blessing it is to have people out there that understand EVERYTHING we are going through and praying for us. Thank you so much and know we are doing the same for you!